Current Position and Professional Functions
- Troy is a Research Associate at THETA and a PhD Student in Health Services Research (Organization and Management stream) at the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto.
- At THETA, Troy is a part of Dr. Valeria Rac’s Program for Health System and Technology Evaluation, supporting various research activities including the Diabetes Action Canada SPOR Network Health Technology Assessment and Network Analytics program, clinical trials, health economic evaluations, and health technology assessments.
- Patricia Trbovich, PhD
- Valeria Rac, MD, PhD
Education and Training
- Troy holds a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from the University of Guelph and a Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto.
- Troy has received training in social network analysis, complex interventions, decision analytic modeling, and biostatistics.
Search for Troy Francis 's publications in Pubmed.
Research Interests and Expertise
- Troy’s research interests and expertise are in health services research and health technology assessment. The focus of his work is on the implementation and evaluation of complex health technologies, and methodologies relating to economic evaluations, survey research, and decision analytical modelling.
- For his thesis, Troy is exploring the medication use processes of healthcare facilities and is using social network analysis to reveal the types of social relations between healthcare workers that contribute to diversion risk. His research will be used to inform the planning, execution and evaluation of any intervention needed to mitigate diversion risk in healthcare facilities.
- Mitigating the Diversion and Unexplained Losses of Opioids and Controlled Substances in Canadian Healthcare Facilities: A Social Network Analysis